Monday, February 9, 2009

I am feeling ambitious.....today

So....I somehow imagined up the idea that I should make a quilt. I have already tried this and I am still in the process of this first project. I started a yo-yo quilt and now I know why they call it a lifetime quilt. Seriously...I need to make a 1,300 of these suckers for a BABY QUILT! My last child might receive it or my first grand baby if they are lucky. It all started with just a plain flannel quilt. For all my friends that have babies I have made them baby blankets. Well.....Janel is pregnant with a baby boy and due in less than two months. That's right I have two months to finish this little project of mine. Well to make a long story short the fabric store had NO cute flannel fabric, so what is a girl to do other than use the cute fabric and make a quilt. So here I go!

I hope baby Bobby likes my trial and error quilt.

Let me remind you...I need to make 1,300! Yes indeed it will take me a lifetime.

My goal is to make the beautiful fabric below look like the blanket above. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

Tammie Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammie Marie said...

I Love it. It is going to be so cute. You can do this. and you will love it. I do have to say, that out of the nine fabrics there. I have six of them. You have great taste in fabric. This could get really fun.Knock it out!!!!

Hanna said...

So...does that mean you'll be making our baby a quilt? haha.

Higbee said...

Wow! Good luck with that, seriously. I've never made a quilt, or 1,300 of anything!

Sutton said...

You are brave! 1300?! Looks like it's going to be really cute, I can't wait to see it. I created a new blog so you can toss out the last one, our new one is suttonandben.blogspot.com. Love ya both!

Janel said...

What a great friend I have! I can't wait until it's done! I really like the fabric you picked as well. When you showed me I might have made you think I didn't but I was just shocked that you wanted to make my baby a QUILT! I can't wait! It’s going to be so cute!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Yes my friend, you are pretty ambitious! I have made a quilt once in my life...and once was good for me. I can cook, but I can't sew to save my life! Good luck! Make sure to post pics of the final product!! I'm know it will turn out adorable!