Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ta Da!!!!!

JANEL DO NOT READ THIS POST OR PROCEED ANY FURTHER! IF YOU DO I WILL BE SOOOO MAD AND YOUR COMPUTER WILL EXPLODE!!!!
(mostly you will ruin your surprise, which will be sad.)







I want this to be a surprise...can you tell?







So......
After picking peoples brains, a bag of Cadburry eggs, and almost losing an eye I finished baby Bobby's quilt! At one point the needle broke and hit me in the eye...can you say special? After that Cache busted out his most stylish pair of safety glasses ,with sincere concern, insisted that I wear them. God bless him for having to deal with the most uncoordinated and accident prone wife! I had so much fun making this quilt I have about 6 others planned. We'll see when I burn out since I tend to do this. I get all excited about something but I never turn it into a long term hobby I just move on and find something different or end up watching an unhealthy amount of T.V.. I never would have finished this quilt if it hadn't been for Tami and the ladies at Material Girls fabric store. Tami was able to answer all my questions that made no sense at all and give me answers( how she made since of what I was asking or explaining is beyond me!) And the Ladies at Material Girls made me feel like I could quilt a mountain if I wanted to. I was convinced that I would end up having someone else quilt the blanket for me but after talking to them I was an inch taller and full of confidence. I questioned there suggestion shortly after starting but I made it through. I would also like to thank god and my directors, but most of all I want to thank my fans......Just kidding I started to feel like I was giving an acceptance speech. Can you tell I have had to much coffee?
Here is the final result.....







After all was said and done the final test was the washing machine. I kept my fingers crossed the whole time. I was terrified that I would open the lid and it would be a tangled we of string. Lucky for the washing machine it did no harm. I think it could sense my penetrating nerves and knew better than to mess with me.





Looking good right? This look is my Sunday best....don't be jealous. I bet you are wondering where I managed to quilt this in our tiny apartment. Lets just say the place is covered in thread and fabric! The whole time I think this made Cache tense which would explain why he kept the Dustbuster at hand. I swear he is the character of of Wallie that is constantly vacuuming.

8 comments:

Leann said...

Hailey,

Tammie was giving me the blow by blow, I am so excited that you got it done. I finally got her to give me your number so I could provide moral support but then I had to go out of town....Lets to the next one! You did great, don't you love Material girls!

Higbee said...

It looks sooo good! I'm so impressed. :)

Tammie Marie said...

I am speech-less, and you know this does not happen very often or over just any little thing.
FABLOUS this is what I have to say. Your fablous for stepping out of the box and tring somthing new by-your-self. Fablous is what this baby quilt looks like. And can I just say BROVO on the hand stiched detail on the back.
Congratulations Hailey Jo,
You are now a member of the
" I am a Quilter Club". We meet every thurs. Please bring some sweets that can be shared with the group. Please note that Margi is a little sensitive to walnuts. Dues for the first year are waived. If anyone is interested in entering a quilt for the summer raffle. You must have your applacation in no later that April 3rd.

Tammie Marie said...

with the fact that it is your Sunday getup you are rockin. I am loving the Hair. Looks really cute on you. I bet the made up version it Wicked. God Bless*

Stacy Alexandra said...

After reading your header Janel wouldn't read it, but I couldn't resist. So she wanted you to know that it was me, Stacy, looking not her, so your secret is still kept. And I think you did a fabulous job!!!! I love the fabrics you picked out and all the detail you put into it is amazing. Can't wait to see it in person. I also love the yo-yo quilt. I started one a year and a half ago, I don't want to count how many I have finished because I know I am a long way off and don't want to get discouraged!!! Quilting is addictive. Nice Work!

Sutton said...

haha I love Walle! The quilt is so stinkin cute, I'm tempted to "accidentally" get prego so that I can have one!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Dang! Look at you, Martha Stewart!! You're sooo talented! I'm jealous. I had to make a quilt once...and let's just say, it wasn't my forte. Me and the sewing machine don't get along. Go Hailey! The quilt turned out awesome!

jenni kaufusi said...

the quilt is so cute i love it!